- About Soc.
- Miller Biography
- Upcoming Productions
- Film News
- Recent Publications
- Miller’s Works
- Teaching Guides
- Miller Links
Characters in Death of a Salesman
Willy Loman, Linda Loman, Biff Loman, Happy Loman, Ben Loman, Charlie, Bernard, and Howard Wagner.
Each group is assigned one of the characters above and must answer the following questions about that character–where possible try and show evidence for responses by referring to lines and events from the actual play.
1. Does your character’s name seem to have any significance?
2. How does Miller describe your character (literally–look at the stage description in the play)?
3. How does your character view (or relate to) Willy Loman?
4. How does Willy Loman view your character? (If you are Willy skip this one)
5. How do other characters in the play view (or relate to) your character?
6. What do we learn about your character from how he/she behaves towards/treats others?
7. What do we learn about your character from what he/she says?
8. What are your character’s ambitions, and how far are these achieved by the play’s close?
9. How good is your character’s grasp on reality?
10. How would you sum up your character’s greatest strength and/or greatest weakness?